HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Friday, October 10, 2014

Some Subtle Fall Touches in our Dining Room


I hope you all have had a lovely first week of October! I finally finished adding some simple autumn touches to the dining room. I had planned on going with more traditional fall colors in here but ended up sticking with the more neutral color scheme we had in some of the other rooms. We got the pumpkins for just $3.99 at Trader Joe's. That's the most inexpensive I've seen these pumpkins and I was quite happy to snatch five of them up. And then I just added in some fresh eucalyptus bundles that were $2.99 and then some turkey and pheasant feathers that I've had for years. 


 

 










Source List
Wall Color - Gray Owl at 75% in Matte Finish
Trim Color - Simply White in Semi-gloss Finish
Beadboard Wallpaper - Allen and Roth from Lowe's
Chandelier - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA
Farmhouse Table - I made it using this plan from Ana White's site. Stained with Rustoleum's Weathered Gray and Minwax's Provincial
End Chairs and Side Chairs - World Market
Tufted Bench - Home Goods
Knit Pillow on Bench - Joss and Main
Wool Plaid Throw on Bench - HomeGoods
Side Chairs next to Sideboard - Joss and Main
Clock - Joss and Main
Mirror - Restoration Hardware (slightly damaged floor model purchased seven or eight years ago but I think they still sell it)
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels in gray
Drapery Rods - Lowe's
Sideboard - The Velvet Shoestring (consignment shop - then painted with Annie Sloan's French Linen chalk paint from Lady Butterbug)
Lamps - Home Goods
Bucket Holding Pumpkins - Antique Farmhouse
Pumpkins and Eucalyptus- Trader Joe's
Feathers - some are ones my dad collected from my parent's yard, some were a gift and some from  
      Savvy about six years ago


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

32 comments:

  1. so beautiful! are there other greens besides eucalptus in there? i absolutely adore these pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those green and cream pumpkins are lovely! Such a soothing palette for Fall.
    Erica
    www.thedecorina.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! I love all the little touches.. It's so charming and dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This room is FABULOUS.. I love the centerpieces so much! Just lovely!
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was it Christopher Lowell that used to say that you could make a circle with your fingers and look at all your room settings and vignettes through it to see if you need to add or subtract something? You have it down perfect! Your home is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fabulous! Those green and white pumpkins are just the best, aren't they?! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did my dining room in same colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pefection! I noticed the color of your walls, I'm presently painting my dining room a light gray (using SW Mindful Gray) color I'm wondering if you see blue in yours at times. I haven't gotten very far, the further I go the more blue I seem to see. fondly ~lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynne! Yes, I think it definitely has a hint of a blue undertone to it. Most people consider it a "true gray" but I most definitely see the slight blue undertone.

      Delete
    2. Your style of decor is jus beautiful. Love everything about it!

      Delete
  9. I love how you say: " I just added...". You make it sound so simple:D I love the color scheme and how the grey and dusty greene pops up. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors and textures in this room are such a visual feast. This is so freakin pretty! that chandy is to die for... and the wool throw just puts it all over the top. what a great find....

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer,
    Exquisite!!!
    I adore the presentation of Natural elements beneath your chandelier!!!
    Soothing, tranquil hues throughout.
    Amazing textures, too!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table is beautiful! I had to take a closer look to see if it was possibly made by you and I'm so happy to find out it is. That is incredibly well done and the stain is perfect. What an inspiration and I love your neutrals and natural decor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful! Thanks for the specific details about everything in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you perhaps know the manufacturer of this pretty chandelier? would love to locate a similar one here in colorado, thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! We are not sure of the manufacturer, but we purchased ours at Savvy in Williamsburg, VA(http://www.savvyinwilliamsburg.com) and they may be to order it through them or get a little more info.

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you make your dining table? If so, what stain technique did you use??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! Jenni just applied the stain with an old rag.

      -Jason

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoops, you already listed it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Claudia! When Jenni did hers she didn't let the first coat dry, she just applied the second color right away--that may have helped it blend more evenly. Every piece and type of wood seems to take stain differently, so it can be hard to replicate an exact look from one piece to another. Hope this helps!

    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Did you stain the chandelier? I ordered it, but it is antique white with just a little tan showing through. Yours looks much darker. Love your home! Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Trish! I checked with Jenni and she said she hasn't done anything to hers.

      -Jason

      Delete
  21. Dear Lillie, Is your chandelier 36.25" wide or 26" wide?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...