HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Quick Kid's Project and a Winner

Pin It

So, I thought I would show you all a fun little project Lillie and I did last week. I was trying to find an easy fall project we could do and found this idea on the Family Fun website. First we went out and collected a whole bunch of leaves, then just got some paper, glue, and a marker and got to work. I figured she would enjoy it because she loves anything crafty but didn't realize she was going to spend all day doing it! I think it was probably one of her favorite projects to date.


I knew the time had come to start displaying some of her work.  Our fridge is not really the ideal spot in our house for that and we don't have room anywhere for a bulletin board (which is what I would prefer to do) so I decided to hang some twine from the curtain rod and use clothes pins to hang some of the artwork. I think this idea would look really cute in a playroom but seeing how we don't have one I put it up in our kitchen.


I didn't do much for autumn in our kitchen. Just a few tiny little touches. I am done with our family room though so will try to post photos of that soon. The last space I am still working on is our dining room. I just can't seem to get it right.  Once I do I will post pictures of that too. 





 And now, I am SUPER excited to announce the winner of our last giveaway.


We use Random.org to pick our winners so it is always a surprise to me after I take a screenshot of the number picked, to scroll down and see who it was that won. Well, this time I scrolled down and saw this name:


Allison is one of the sweetest people I have met through Dear Lillie. She is a wonderful  customer and always writes us the most thoughtful notes and leaves the kindest comments that absolutely make my day. So needless to say I was quite excited to see that she won! Congratulations, Allison!

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!







PS - Our Briar Hats in Chocolate will be available at noon today!

12 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun project. I also love the way you displayed the finished pictures - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project Jennifer! I'm class mom to my youngest daughter's kindergarten class and I think at our next party this is going to be the craft we do:) Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this craft idea Jenni! Mondays are my day off and I think Lane & I will try this today. Thanks so much for sharing! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison is such a sweetheart! So nice to see her win - and I love Lillie's artwork - so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lillie's artwork is wonderful and goes very nicely with your decorations. Maybe Lillie inherited some of your exquisite decorating taste? I agree with Allison, your blog is a breath of fresh air and I'm looking forward to seeing your family and dining rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the artwork, what a fun idea for fall! You couldn't have said it better regarding Allison, such a wonderful friend!
    Enjoy your week!
    XO
    Kristin
    http://www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/
    Still having blogger issues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to see that I won! What a wonderful start to Monday! Thank you! I've got the perfect spot chosen for my new pillow. I love Lillie's festive artwork and also the way that you've displayed it. I think you have a budding little artist, Jenni! Wishing you a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I have a two year old daughter and a three month old daughter and I am always looking for fun inexpensive projects!. I love this one and can't wait to try it out.
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Lillie' artwork, I may just have to try that out with my kids. Funny, also have sunflowers in a mason jar on display in my house, so very happy that fall is finally here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what Jemma and I will be doing!! Cute project and Lillie is writing so well!!! When I was a teacher, I used to display the kids' artwork on a string like that with clothes pins. It was so easy to change out! Great ideas and I can't wait to see your other rooms all decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you through Tatertots & Jello...Love your designs and I can tell your Blog is gonna be on my favorite must read list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this project!!!
    Your home always looks so wonderful!!! Great job :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...